Thursday, July 3, 2008

Day 3 - A spiral nonetheless

Whenever I do yoga, however ugly the practice, increased magnetism is created. People find me attractive and want to share a minute to talk. Today a gentleman creatively found a way to start conversation. He was sitting inside Whole Foods enjoying his lunch and I was sitting opposite on the other side of the window in the heat of Summerlin, Las Vegas. He laughed watching the pigeons circling my table, looking for scrapes and mistakenly thinking my beaded ankle bracelet as food. One pigeon repeatedly pecked at it with no avail to a hearty meal. The gentleman made a gesture of swatting the air with his newspaper. Then he commented on my freckles, giving me a thumbs up. Ok, now I know he's flirting. Then writing a note on a napkin to hold up through the window he asked "where are you from"? Not to be rude I walked inside to talk briefly. He thought I was Ethiopian. I get that a lot for some reason. There was something about my eyes, he said. I hear that too. I seemed very serene to him. You know why. The stamp of a Yogi.

He was Chinese American, born in New York. Moved to Las Vegas for 200 + days of sunshine. Yeah, I love it too regardless of the heat. I love the dry openness of the desert. Right now I have a desire to drive out to Red Rock for the sunset. I love how quiet it is away from the city. The life force in the desert is very strong. I wonder if people just don't know what to do with it, therefore squandering it in ways not so useful. I was out there for a summer solstice celebration last month. I had a sore throat at the time, but before the night ended, I seemed healed from the experience. The power of life force!

Imagine if we concentrated our effort in trying to understand nature's secrets. Daily tapping into life's sacredness. Well, I guess we are doing that with our practice right? Imagine if our scientist did yoga everyday. My brain is not equipped for such, but I would imagine a scientist would discover implosion technology. How clean and how green would that be? I don't understand it, but it sounds beautiful. I read somewhere that the energy created in tornadoes is implosion. "Most energy moves through space in a spiral form - a ubiquitous motif in the macrocosmic and microscopic architecture of the universe. Beginning with galactic nebulae - the cosmic birth cradle of all matter - energy flows in coiled or circular or vortex-like patterns." Second Coming of Christ, revelatory commentary by Paramahansa Yogananda. Sounds like the energy of the chakras to me. Clean, beautiful energy. My belief is you have to experience this energy to begin to understand it. Then you become this energy. Hence, one secret of yoga and direct knowing. Hence we are already perfect. Further, "inherent in the evolution of nature and man back to God is the process of expansion." That is proven because I'm here sharing this with you. Love is expanded and extended to each other on the path.

He gave me his number after the conversation. I didn't share much, just listened. From his reaction I fear it came to his mind that he was under interview. I'm sure it wasn't easy for him to suggest taking me out for a movie or bite to eat due to fear of rejection. I just don't know. My mind was on yoga and the lifestyle. Guessing from his lunch my life would be a hard one to swallow. This seems to be my dilemma in meeting people, so tomorrow I'm signing up for studio classes. That won't be easy. Then comes my fear of rejection. I know I'll meet people physically more able to do asana practice. People will try to push me and themselves in the practice and I've realized yoga does not give up its secrets by force. It is such a subtle union. Perhaps that is what people are looking for when taking the time to meet me. Perhaps I'm a reflection of that subtle union.

Jai Guru!

No comments: