Back in Las Vegas. Today was very eventful. First time I've had two medical emergencies in one day. Don't worry, both passengers walk off the plane smiling. Episodes like that remind us "I'm coming, Elizabeth", in your best Red Foxx impersonation. Truth is the body is doing its own thing, we're just along for the ride. One minute you're fine and the next minute lights out. Hmmm...you think for a second. How much do I really control? This body is an incredible complex gift. I thought about this during my practice this afternoon. My awareness noticed places holding tension. My right knee showing signs of inflammation. My wrist slightly tense and stressed. The muscle pain on the left side of my neck and my lower back (hey that's new). But it didn't seem like I was pushing through my practice today. I didn't cringe in any posture. While breathing into the pose I just observed. Maybe 3 out of 5 counts of Ujjayi breath in Marichyasana C, but taking it in deeply and deciding to be present in the moment. One hour later I'm thankful to reflect on the experience while laying in Savasana. During that time I realized I was beyond the body. With back foot planted and grounded during Warrior pose I was the earth. With breath moving through me I became the air. With head below the heart I can move water (circulation) and the blazing fire of life force surging its creative light of Love. Its essence and image bringing forth me.
-Namaste-
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Spiritual Guides
- Holy Moment
- Joseph Campbell
- Deepek Chopra
- Ashtanga Yoga Research Institute
- Self Realization Fellowship
- J. Krishnamurti
- What the Bleep do we Know
- The Secret
- Conversations with God the Movie
- Way of the Peaceful Warrior
- Agape Live with Michael Beckwith from the Secret
- World Yoga Practice Month
- The Great Year (DVD)
- Post Modern Times
- The Moses Code
- Into the Wild
No comments:
Post a Comment