The energy was different for my Para-guru's celebration, but strong nonetheless. The whole day was reminiscent of the joy I experience from a guru-disciple relationship. I don't think it is possible to understand or experience this joy unless you spend time in devotion.
Brother Sarvananda shared an example of a man insisting that he did not have a devotional nature. I understand because I have been very close to people who felt the same. I was this way until I figured out devotion starts with gratitude and Brother Sarvananda confirmed this for me. When I wake up, my thoughts and practice begins with gratitude. I've noticed the day seems easier and more beautiful when I stay in this place. I've been praying this week to meet people of like mind and I have been grateful for the experiences and people I've met. Just a few minutes ago I got off the phone with a new friend. He said something wonderful to me. He said I'll always have friends and that he had a thousand other people he wants to introduce to me. Now if that's not an answer to a prayer given 1000 fold.
The night before I watched a movie with a new girlfriend and felt so comfortable in her home. We have similar taste in movies and leading male actors. Oh her cat is wonderful! His name is King and he fell in love with me right away. King sat on my lap most of the night, hugging me and purring. I needed that innocent affection. I'm going to her home tomorrow evening. She wants to learn a short form in Ashtanga yoga to get started with a practice. We have more in common spiritually than anyone I met in awhile. Same with the gentleman I referred to above. Something interesting will come out of this because the synchronicity is uncanny. I don't wish to go into details, but Spirit is real, omnipresent, omniscient, and screaming out awareness to me at the moment. Everyone has felt it. Some don't know what to call it, but I experience the awe and beauty with you just the same.
Shanti,
Jai Guru.
Sunday, March 9, 2008
Sri Yukteswar's Mahasamadhi celebration
Labels:
Ashtanga Yoga,
awareness,
mahasamadhi,
omnipresent,
omniscient,
Sri Yukteswar,
synchronicity
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Spiritual Guides
- Holy Moment
- Joseph Campbell
- Deepek Chopra
- Ashtanga Yoga Research Institute
- Self Realization Fellowship
- J. Krishnamurti
- What the Bleep do we Know
- The Secret
- Conversations with God the Movie
- Way of the Peaceful Warrior
- Agape Live with Michael Beckwith from the Secret
- World Yoga Practice Month
- The Great Year (DVD)
- Post Modern Times
- The Moses Code
- Into the Wild
No comments:
Post a Comment