I started feeling upset last night. It didn't help that I watched a sad movie and retired late. I got about 5 hrs of sleep and woke up feeling alert, but my digestion is sluggish and giving me trouble again. Even with live food I must be careful. It's probably more easy to get out of balance with live food because there is an abundance of delicious choices. I still over ate although my diet throughout the day consisted of blended greens, salad + leftover zucchini pasta, an apple with nut butter and cashew cheesecake . Now I'm thinking I should have stayed with blended greens and removed all sugar in order to avoid the discomfort I'm feeling today. I think my colon works rather slowly. I can feel food sitting there, fermenting, so you can imagine why I must address sugar in my diet.
Overeating, a mucusless diet and food with a low glycemic index was the topic of a lecture I attended Tuesday. Ironically I sat there listening while consuming an Italian sampler of live food cuisine. It was delicious, but started my spiral of intestinal discomfort. My friend also experienced indigestion. Since I ate the leftover zucchini pasta last night perhaps the heavy garlic and buckwheat toast began my irritation.
So it seems pain is a great motivator. I know what I need to do. Today I'm drinking lemon and warm water. If I feel up to it I'll juice a green drink with lemon. I even chose Granny Smith green apples instead of my usual Fuji or Ambrosia to add to smoothies in the future. The lecturer suggested that sugar in fruit has changed since 100 years ago. I completely believe this to be true from what I've read about wild food vs hybrid food. The corn our Native American ancestors survived on even looked different from the hybrid corn grown today. But of course it is, how else would we have High Fructose Corn Syrup? We're starting to agree that our food is engineered to be addictive. The result of over consumption is pointing to dis-ease. The lecturer pointed out the difference between habit and addiction. Habit is when finding out something you have been doing is bad for you and you stop. Addiction is when you find out something is bad for you and you make excuses to keep doing it. So where am I? I think I've proven to myself these past months that my dietary choices are 90% habitual. The other 10%, crazy, manic cravings and desires. Granted not helped by advertisements and influence of our global society.
Dis-ease or probably from some Latin word meaning without ease. I'm not a linguist, but looking at the word and pronouncing it brings to mind its meaning. Maybe I can find a doctor opened to guiding me nutritionally to heal my symptoms. My condition could be Candida overgrowth since I haven't been consistently taking a probiotic supplement and watching how much sugar I consume, albeit sugar from fruit or raw desserts. Definitely something I must address. Reading Rainbow-Green Live Food Cuisine by Gabriel Cousens M.D. and Tree of Life Cafe Chefs brought the issue of Candida to my attention. I was originally planning to go on Phase 1 of this diet, which removes sugar for 3 months, but decided to see if I could sustain a 100% live food diet. Well, I've been about 90%. Later I got wise that 10% could not included fried spring rolls and starches. Within the past two weeks my 10% ended up being light soups or black beans and lentils. I told my friend I started craving goat cheese and eggs. Guess I have some meditating to do.
I took a nap this afternoon because I feel the mitochondrion deciding to cease fire. Afterwards, I went to the store for more organic lemons, $.99 each. I've been used to the price of food since buying organic for 17 years. Now everyone is feeling the rise in the cost of food. I hope after reading a book suggested by the lecturer, Paul Nison, titled The Cause and Cure of Human Illness, by Arnold Ehret, my food bill will not be an issue because my consumption will have changed.
This author has been mentioned a few times by David Wolfe and Gabriel Cousens M.D. I could probably finished it in one day. The other 2 books I purchased by Arnold Ehret are also short and simple. Already 1/4 finished, I'm really liking his wisdom and approach. Three things for me to remember, 1) do not overeat - especially late at night before bedtime, 2) sustain a mucusless diet, and 3) fasting.
9:30pm - I've been writing this periodically all day. I'm feeling better since keeping the lessons of today in mind. I learned a lot while listening to a conference call a friend sent on Natural Cellular Defense or NCD. My brain needs a rest. 20 minutes of pranayama and a 30 minute meditation means goodnight.
Thursday, March 6, 2008
Rest and contemplation
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Spiritual Guides
- Holy Moment
- Joseph Campbell
- Deepek Chopra
- Ashtanga Yoga Research Institute
- Self Realization Fellowship
- J. Krishnamurti
- What the Bleep do we Know
- The Secret
- Conversations with God the Movie
- Way of the Peaceful Warrior
- Agape Live with Michael Beckwith from the Secret
- World Yoga Practice Month
- The Great Year (DVD)
- Post Modern Times
- The Moses Code
- Into the Wild
No comments:
Post a Comment