I want to share a link for the 3rd Live Food lecture I've attended within a month. Sharynne is a powerful presenter. I had a conversation with her after the lecture. Looking into her eyes I knew we understood something without sharing the details of the big picture. Basically as Gabriel Cousens M.D. shared, we can choose the "Culture of Life" or the "culture of death". There's more disturbing business from the culture of death I want to bring to your awareness. I remember a quote from the end of "Beyond the Gates", starring John Hurt and Hugh Dancy of course. Excellent movie. It gripped my heart.
As the ending quote of Beyond the Gates, made by Elie Wiesel says, "The opposite of faith is not heresy. It is indifference."
I know if you're reading this blog, you are waddling your way through the muck of indifference. Lately I've heard many people tell me they know the horror of the culture of death. One girl witnessed a recent news clip of retarded cows being prodded to their slaughter. I saw a news headline about a recent recall of beef. Eating sick cows? That's not news, that's indifference. I'm sorry, but so are the leather designer handbags and most of the stuff we buy. We can't be indifferent because sooner or later that violence shows up in your backyard. I just read a Newsweek article on MSN titled Extinction Trade - Endangered animals are the new blood diamonds as militias and warlords use poaching to fund death. I can email the article to you if interested.
Scary, awful stuff with China and the U.S. at first and second place among nations supporting this trade. Well, looking around I already knew this. Why I saved my batteries and old cell phones until I find a safe way to dispose of them. Why I'm adamant about affiliating myself with businesses of a new economy and focus on the culture of life. Looking around my apartment and choosing clothing, furniture, cleaning products, produce, etc., I ask what is my footprint based on this choice? It starts with awareness.
Shanti,
Nicol
Monday, March 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Spiritual Guides
- Holy Moment
- Joseph Campbell
- Deepek Chopra
- Ashtanga Yoga Research Institute
- Self Realization Fellowship
- J. Krishnamurti
- What the Bleep do we Know
- The Secret
- Conversations with God the Movie
- Way of the Peaceful Warrior
- Agape Live with Michael Beckwith from the Secret
- World Yoga Practice Month
- The Great Year (DVD)
- Post Modern Times
- The Moses Code
- Into the Wild
No comments:
Post a Comment