Sunday, March 2, 2008

Ready for March

The following is a copy of my post to the yoga community, "WoYoPracMo".

While many will prepare for March Madness , I'll join the festivities with a calm and centered mind. I really don't care about sports, but if I would to enjoy any, basketball would be at the top of the list. A few weeks ago I dreamed I was on the floor witnessing amazing 3 point shots. I looked around the court, perhaps my Uncle was in attendance trying to keep his composure during the heated game. Then I woke up. Why did I dream about basketball? Intuitively I think my soul was connecting with the air element and juxtaposition of moving through life's obstacles to reach a goal. Hey, sounds like Yoga!

I began a goal yesterday. Everyday this month I will meditate at least 30 minutes up to 1hr. My practice will include techniques in pranayama and/or asanas for a healthy body and centered mind. I also joined a prayer chain for Senator Obama and his family. Each day will include a special prayer outlined by the facilitators.

I knew yesterday's meditation was powerful. Actually the whole week was incredible because today was a manifestation of the power of the Universe. This week I've noticed a rent in the fabric of life or how life is manifested through my thoughts. I have to be careful what I ask for because I've noticed those items have been showing up. Silly things like needing $4 to replace the tip I gave away or the need for a bookmark and brrrring, it shows up. Most amazing is running into people after thinking about them or receiving a phone call. Usually my encounter with others results in them answering a question I've had in the back of my mind. Are you thinking synchronicity? Anyone else experiencing this? Check out this video presentation, http://www.postmoderntimes.com/.

Before reading Daniel Pinchbeck's "2012, The Return of Quetzalcoatl", my awareness was that synchronicity is happening more frequently and at a faster pace. How about the actor I obsessed over last November and he ended up on one of my flights from LAX to St. Louis. I still can't get over that experience. I was star struck and couldn't speak to him because I find him to be incredibly beautiful physically and on a soul level. You tube Hugh Dancy making pasta with Martha Stewart. Tonight I rented his movie with Claire Danes (now his girlfriend) titled "Evening". I'll watch it tomorrow. He caught my attention when I rented the HBO series, Elizabeth I, with Helen Mirren and Jeremy Irons. Superb acting, but close your eyes during the beheading parts, one scene disturbed me for weeks. Not so much that the idea is gruesome, it's quick, but that it might be noted in history as being botched and how news of it affected the Queen. It's a very powerful scene to get into the mind of this woman with so much power, her difficult decisions for the good of her country, her want of love and fear of betrayal. I think I rented this movie because I was going through a breakup. So much seemed familiar and my general feeling how my relationship was ending. The somewhat younger man with a crusading spirit viewing me in a place of power.
I felt a tug at my heart for all of the characters, especially the ending for the Queen and the Earl of Essex. Maybe watch the movie first because Martha Stewart gives too much away about how it ends, but perhaps you're a history major and already know.

Time for meditation.

More later!

Peace

No comments: