Friday, February 1, 2008

Rawoliver Twist

My week started strong last Friday. I made a food bag to make anyone jealous. A strange recitation entered my mind that I couldn’t let go of as I listened to Natacha Atlas Radio on Pandora.com. The saying I keep thinking was “don’t hate me cause I’m raw” while finely chopping oregano for a kale and spring mix salad. The ingredients came to me naturally to throw in red bell pepper, ripen to sweetness, and Moroccan Olive Oil, lemon and Celtic salt. Tomatoes and cucumber added the much needed water when flying and avocado a must for my vata constitution in order to digest roughage easily. I spent hours playing with my food and suggest that everyone take a week to experience the sensual delight of raw food cuisine.

Preparing raw food truly is a sensual experience. The colors and texture, mixed with effervescent scents, can stimulate every part of your being. I’ve found to be instantly strengthened from the action of connecting with Nature through consuming a natural diet. Ingredients of simplicity are really hiding the answers to a very complex question. “Do I have to age, get sick and die?” I believe the answer is resonating from the juices of raw whole food. The leaf-eating gorilla will tell you “no” regarding the first two questions.

Animals are strong up until the end and then pass triumphantly into a beauty memory.
I look at nature and marvel that the world of the bird, the turtle, the whale, the horse and cow are so different from my own. Their world seems to be a direct stillness while the rest moves around them. I choose one day to methodically chew my salad like the cow, imaging the life force of magnesium entering my blood to resonate with the source of energy. Directing this potential energy to build up any block of this body and become as Spirit wished. The building block decided to become tooth enamel. Amen, I can continue to have strong teeth to enjoy more of God’s gifts.

Raw food is living food and the potential you, but if you haven’t learned by now, nature and Her gifts must be respected. Any lower thoughts of gluttony or the sort will glaze your mind with unconscious actions and the energy will come back to teach you a lesson. The lesson of the second half of my week was what can happen when you lick the double-edged knife of raw chocolate and consume to many nuts.

Tune in later this weekend as the story of rawoliver twist continues. Next I will share a few of my dark thoughts of becoming a raw foodist.

No comments: