When I started this draft I was sitting in Salt Lake City with pain in my gut from falling off the diet wagon. I cannot continue this way of swinging back and forth. Even though I've accomplished at least a 90% raw vegan diet, swinging to pasta, fries and samosas was rearing its ugly head.
That was misery, but it's a new month and I have a plan. Glancing over my schedule this month I realized I could come home every other day to fill up my bag with fresh food. I'll make coconut milk in the morning for my granola cereal from Raw Makery and Tastes like refried Beans Pate. I'll spread this on flax crackers with fresh salsa and avocado. Are you jealous? I'll let you know how the pate comes out before recommending. I'm missing one ingredient so I'll see if it makes a difference.
During my self pity stage I thought jumping into a 100% raw diet may not have been the best choice for me. I've thought about this for a few days and that isn't true. I've learn so much in one month. I've learn:
I'm prone to social criticism and negative thinking. I hold the experience in my 2nd and 3rd chakras and imbalances begin to manifest themselves mainly as mediocrity. While on my trip I watched a dvd of David Wolfe lectures. He referred to a quote to explain that we're all geniuses. The quote shared was "mediocrity is self afflicted and genius is self bestowed". This quote snapped me out of my situation. I know what to do and I'm doing it.
I've been 100% raw again for 3 days. After talking to a my girlfriend in Columbus today she pointed out a few things I should have paid better attention too last month. She suggested I do an enema everyday and this is why.
Remember that cough I had when I "starved the bugger out". See blog, same title. Well, for weeks I continued to have a very aggressive cough, but I knew I wasn't sick. I kept telling my family, but how did I know? Well, the mucus was clear (no sign of infection) and salty. Plus 20 years of studying this stuff I know the difference when experienced. Meeting with a colon hydrotherapist last year confirmed it for me and intuitively I believe my digestion problems stem for years of eating unnatural food and I've developed a mucoid plaque lining in my intestines. This prevents me from experiencing extreme health on all levels. Gross, I know, but anyone on a serious health path will share a detoxification story with you eventually.
My cough is my bodies attempt to rid itself of excess mucus. David Wolfe explains what happens in detoxification in his book Sunfood Diet and Success System. This was the first time it made sense to me. He explains that eating raw or fasting allows the blood to thin.
"The average person as approx. 1.2 gallons (4.5 liters) of blood, but each person has four times as much lymph fluid as blood. Your lymph fluid bathes every cell. Because the blood feeds and draws waste from the lymph fluid directly, the process of detoxification begins as soon as the blood is thinner than the lymph fluid, allowing TRAPPED toxicity in the lymph to diffuse back into the blood to be detoxified. The principle of diffusion states that things move from areas of greater concentration to areas of lesser concentration."
Somewhere it was suggested this might be one reason they tell us not to eat or drink for a period of time before surgery. They want your blood thin to detoxify anesthesia drugs. Well, not to mention you wouldn't feel to good with food in your stomach regardless. Your whole system is off kilter afterwards, but I never thought this could be a leading reason. Yeap, he writes on page 158,
"Surgeons know that the blood is almost immediately thickened by eating heavy foods, making it dangerous to perform surgery. This is one of the main reasons why they will only perform surgery after the patient as fasted on water for at least eight hours. Eating raw fruits and vegetables, and drinking their juices, thins the blood, as does fasting."
This is why my friend suggested enemas. Some live-food advocates recommend a series of colonics when "going raw". It did help me with symptoms last June. I don't have the funds for a series of visits, but maybe I can barter a flight ticket. I'm going to look around. I got my enema bag today. Sorry if this is TMI, but you're reading my blog for a reason. You're curious and might try it. I hope you do increase your percentage of live food in your diet. You will be amazed by the difference in how you feel. But please educate yourself. Make it a lifestyle if you're going to do it. I'm glad I'm doing it. I feel new again.
More soon on why it's important for me to balance my raw meals and my lifestyle.
Enjoy your food!
Tuesday, February 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Spiritual Guides
- Holy Moment
- Joseph Campbell
- Deepek Chopra
- Ashtanga Yoga Research Institute
- Self Realization Fellowship
- J. Krishnamurti
- What the Bleep do we Know
- The Secret
- Conversations with God the Movie
- Way of the Peaceful Warrior
- Agape Live with Michael Beckwith from the Secret
- World Yoga Practice Month
- The Great Year (DVD)
- Post Modern Times
- The Moses Code
- Into the Wild
No comments:
Post a Comment