Saturday, February 16, 2008

Green like the chimpanzee

Just got back from Go Raw Cafe and a lecture with Sergi Boutenko. Visit my raw guide section on this blog for a link to his information. I recommend attending one of his speaking events if he visit your town.

Sergi broke it down for us. He did a very good job keeping us entertained with a simple and informative lecture on the benefits of green smoothies. He presented pie charts demonstrating the diet of our closest animal relative, the chimpanzee, and charts of the Standard American Diet (S.A.D.) and raw food diet. Those on a raw diet are doing better compared to the sliver of greens on the chart of the SAD diet, but raw foodist tend to eat a high amount of fat and still not enough greens. I believe this is true because I'm guilty of this past sin. Remember my mucus and cough problem from over doing nuts and meals made with nuts? It took weeks to correct that imbalance and greens are what was needed.
I invited people to attend, but nobody could make it. They missed out on some valuable information and advice on how easy it is to add yummy greens to our diet. I've been juicing the last two days and until this lecture haven't consider blending green smoothies. It seems a lot easier, plus you keep the fiber and possible avoid runaway sugar issue with juicing. The sample he made us was very delicious. Starting tomorrow I plan to use the handout with the Boutenko's suggested recipes . I think 40 people attended the lecture and we agreed it was a good idea to start incorporating more greens into any diet. I picked up a DVD, "Greens Can Save Your Life with Victoria Boutenko, his mother, if anyone is interested.

This morning's full primary yoga practice was needed and overdue. A perfect way to start the day after rolling out of bed at 9am. I was on my mat by 9:30a. Not hearing my neighbor knock on my door for a favor, she's now doing laundry in my apartment. Her washer gave out yesterday.

Also, today was my first attempt at using an enema bag. Yeah! That was needed too and I felt great afterwards. I'll try doing one everyday until I feel I have eliminated the problem. Hee hee I said eliminated. Well it's important because some lecturer said "you are what you eat, but also what you don't sh-t!" Never thought I would be concerned, but my body is pointing to a few danger zones. Looking down at my bloated belly the other day, sluggish digestion, elimination and a painful gut at times was a sign I had to look into. Green drinks, enemas and trips to the colon hydrotherapist may be all I can do while on the road 4 days a week. Wish I could take a month off for a proper herbal or juice cleanse. I'll see how this goes and then re-evaluate. Enough on the bum! Moving on...

Tomorrow after meditation I'll attend my first raw food prep course at the cafe. I think we're learning to make ravioli and mock donut holes. It should be fun and interesting. Hopefully I bring some home for my food bag and have less to prepare for Monday's 2 day trip.

That's all for today. Looking forwarded to tomorrow and keeping the raw momentum going.

Eating like a chimpanzee is a wild and happy adventure,

Peace

No comments: