Got back a few hours ago from a raw food prep class. I'm stuffed, but just finished the last of 5 "Hostess" doughnut holes. Yeah...wow...first bite will taste like a doughnut and eating the rest is amazing when thinking it's not deep fried, greasy, dough. It's raw magic. We had a full course meal with Cream of Spinach Soup, Salad with simple Italian w/Garlic- Herb Dressing, and Rawvioli & Pasta. The recipes are from Living in the Raw by Rose Lee Calabro, RAW the Uncookbook by Juliano's (a favorite restaurant in Santa Monica, CA.) and the internet. Get creative and youtube Juliano or David Wolfe. Love 'em!
I met a few girls including one who is also eating 100% raw food. She's a massage therapist and seems to have the strength and determination of a triathlon participant. We clicked during our conversations regarding energy and spiritual ideas. The other girl at my table really wants to go raw, but is finding conflict with her husband. I think we shared some ideas to ease her mind and inspire her to do whatever she felt best. Seriously she glowed and was happy while we ate our meal. I hope she noticed the change in her demeanor. Everyone was astoundingly commenting how delicious and fun it was to discover raw food and dietary concepts that made sense. We shared book ideas and exchanged phone numbers. So glad I'm finally meeting people. They confirmed what I suspected about Las Vegas in that I would make a niche for myself. A very, very selective niche.
Earlier this morning I attended The Las Vegas Meditation group. Again, the perfect way to start the day, in my opinion, is with Union (yoga).
Almost didn't make it. I woke up tired from one of those dreams. I'll blog about it later, but again my 2nd chakra. The messenger was a Gladiator this time. I don't know what to make of it other than my femininity must be a subtle thought. Perhaps due to becoming single, alone and living in seedy Vegas. It might have a connection with the desire for a sensitive, understanding superman in my life, but hey...I won't go all Freudian on you right now.
Enjoy exploring, Peace!
Sunday, February 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Spiritual Guides
- Holy Moment
- Joseph Campbell
- Deepek Chopra
- Ashtanga Yoga Research Institute
- Self Realization Fellowship
- J. Krishnamurti
- What the Bleep do we Know
- The Secret
- Conversations with God the Movie
- Way of the Peaceful Warrior
- Agape Live with Michael Beckwith from the Secret
- World Yoga Practice Month
- The Great Year (DVD)
- Post Modern Times
- The Moses Code
- Into the Wild
No comments:
Post a Comment