Today was about trusting my teachers. I'm predominately learning about being on a 100% raw diet from Gabriel Cousens, M.D. through his books, Spiritual Nutrition and Rainbow Green Live-Food Cuisine. Another respected author in this area is David Wolfe and his book Sunfood Diet and Success System.
Since I was 21, I've tweak my diet from vegan, vegetarian, lacto-ovo vegetarianism and even eating meat again for a short period of time. A few things I've noticed over the years is why my preoccupation with what I eat? I knew the answer, but it became clear these past 2 years. The puzzle of books I've read and theories I've practiced over 20 plus years, finally came together. When reading Spiritual Nutrition I said, "this is it!"
What, what you say! This is my blog, so I'm sharing the experience. Basically it started when I was 21, while studying religious scripture in preparation of being baptized that year in a religious organization. Those of you who knew me will know what organization I'm referring to, but this does not matter. What we should be paying attention to is that I wanted to be baptized.
In my opinion, baptism is so personal. Regardless of the outward display or ritual of baptism, when you commit to having a direct relationship with God it is THAT. It is your relationship and your direct link. This blog is about my relationship and how this is tied to my preoccupation with diet.
I only remember one thing from that day. Before entering the water, the priesthood holder performing the baptism hugged me. The embrace felt to last forever and a strange, warm, sensation entered my heart. The feeling was so intense, almost uncomfortable, but soothing. There is a dichotomy for you. Some of you who do yoga or meditate might have an idea of what was happening to me. Some of you may have experienced this through intense prayer, trauma, near death experience or a good game of golf. Once you've experienced it, if strong enough, you will pay attention because it is unlike anything you will ever experience. If we were sitting face to face and you shared this with me. I would say, "Congratulations, you were feeling God". In that moment everything is perfect and you know it.
I believe the sensation I experienced was the opening of my heart chakra. If you're not familiar with yoga terms and believe we are more than a physical body, take the time to research this system of explaining the phenomenon of ourselves. I later read an article about yoga not long after this experience and began understanding more when exploring the practice of doing the postures and more importantly the breathing called pranayama.
In summary, the action I took in baptism was sincere in wanting God. My sincerity opened the center of myself capable of receiving His Love, my heart and in my soul I had a witness.
Tomorrow I'll share more on "chakras" according to me and going raw.
Peace!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Spiritual Guides
- Holy Moment
- Joseph Campbell
- Deepek Chopra
- Ashtanga Yoga Research Institute
- Self Realization Fellowship
- J. Krishnamurti
- What the Bleep do we Know
- The Secret
- Conversations with God the Movie
- Way of the Peaceful Warrior
- Agape Live with Michael Beckwith from the Secret
- World Yoga Practice Month
- The Great Year (DVD)
- Post Modern Times
- The Moses Code
- Into the Wild
No comments:
Post a Comment