Today was a special day for Self Realization Yogis. In honor of the birth of Parahamahansa Yogananda I participated in the all day meditation. Unfortunately due to a cough I had to participate at home before my humble altar and only meditated for 3 hrs since I had a flight to San Diego this afternoon. I was intrigued that my cough subsided during meditation, but would return after. Just proves the power of the mind in deep concentration.
This was the first time I committed to more than 2 hrs. In the tradition of the meditation group I learned from in Ohio, I first started with a prayer, chanting and meditation for the 1st 50 minutes. Then a ten minute break, chanting and meditation again using a different technique. Wow! By the 3rd hour a little harder at first and then I slipped into a blissful state. I spent the rest of the day reflecting that my practice was complete submersion in the first asana of perfect posture.
Jai Guru!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Spiritual Guides
- Holy Moment
- Joseph Campbell
- Deepek Chopra
- Ashtanga Yoga Research Institute
- Self Realization Fellowship
- J. Krishnamurti
- What the Bleep do we Know
- The Secret
- Conversations with God the Movie
- Way of the Peaceful Warrior
- Agape Live with Michael Beckwith from the Secret
- World Yoga Practice Month
- The Great Year (DVD)
- Post Modern Times
- The Moses Code
- Into the Wild
No comments:
Post a Comment