Still feeling ill. The more I put good things in my body, the more this cold bug is trying to take over. My supply of energy hasn't been depleted. Still able to do yoga, meditate and run errands. I'm just tired of the runny nose and the coughing. It's worse at night. I wake up around 2:30am and sit up awhile. Then I rest until 9am. Today I decided to have a sugarless diet of green drinks and avocado. If I have a bacteria, perhaps I can starve the little bugger by removing its food supply. I think bacteria feeds on sugar. At least this is where my intuition is leading me.
My green drink of spinach, celery, cucumber, ginger and lemon was delicious. I didn't miss the apple I usually use to sweeten. I sprinkled 1 Tbs of ground fax seed, cayenne, and Celtic salt on a full avocado and actually enjoyed this for breakfast.
I know it doesn't sound appetizing for those who prefer a traditional breakfast of bacon and eggs, but what I'm gaining in this simple experiment is more than a need to satisfy my palate. I plan to explain more during the course of this blog. Right now I just want to share this experiment conjures the awareness of conditioning.
Perhaps it is the disturbance of our conditioning that brings unhappiness, fear, anxiety and all the unpleasant things imaginable. I've thought of this before my introduction to J. Krishnamurti or eastern philosophy. Actually I was 4 years old on a playground in preschool. I remember this being my first thought of conflict when a young boy cut in line before me to use the big-wheel like car. I actually thought why wasn't I reacting in a way based on the conditioning I would have been exposed to by that time. I wasn't upset, mad, crying, revengeful, hateful, or determined to have things my way. My thought was in the face of my conditioning. A set of rules were part of my ego. The rule of fairness, justice, friendliness or the conditioning of these ideas. At that moment, age 4, I faced conditioning and my conflict therein. Looking back, perhaps that was my first experience of my true Self and not being complied to "be" based on my conditioning. That was the conflict. Who am I and why should I be complied to "be" one way or another? My thoughts about it now are I am the same perfect Self. The untouched Being of perfect bliss. I am that which is not effected by delusional shifts in our experience based on conditioning. I am, right now.....
As I eat my unconventional breakfast, I am, right now.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Spiritual Guides
- Holy Moment
- Joseph Campbell
- Deepek Chopra
- Ashtanga Yoga Research Institute
- Self Realization Fellowship
- J. Krishnamurti
- What the Bleep do we Know
- The Secret
- Conversations with God the Movie
- Way of the Peaceful Warrior
- Agape Live with Michael Beckwith from the Secret
- World Yoga Practice Month
- The Great Year (DVD)
- Post Modern Times
- The Moses Code
- Into the Wild
1 comment:
Looking forward to reading your thoughts, inspirations, and wisdom.
Post a Comment