from my blog entry on WoYoPracMo: yoga community
The morning was beautiful. I decided this would be "the best day ever". Although people were in the gym of my apartment complex I laid my mat down for a 45 minutes practice. If I could be silent just for one second I knew it would feel like eternity. Folks didn't care. I overheard a girl ask her personal trainer if he could teach her yoga. He smiled, she smiled and the day started in bringing harmony, sharing, peace and flow to others. My smile continued all day.
For more on the concept of "The Best Day Ever", google David Wolfe, author and speaker on Raw Food Nutrition. I'm currently reading his book, Amazing Grace. The authors explain why using those words are important and I think the explanation is hilariously fun.
When believing these words "best ever" the mind cannot quite wrap itself around a continuing series of such. Your mind cannot figure out a way how it could get better. "An assumption is built into the language that automatically turns the result over to the Creator to deliver in miraculous fashion." This is funny to me because I imagine a breakdown in the matrix (the mind) and the power is handed over to all the genies, fairies, gnomes, and superheros as if saying "here man, you take it. Let's see what you can pull out of that hat." Then a wild play of synchronicity ensues. My guru, Paramahansa Yogananda, often said that in yoga one experiences ever new bliss. Isn't it wonderful to know we have powerful tools to tweak the fabric of life. Hope you have a yoga moment and the best day ever.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Spiritual Guides
- Holy Moment
- Joseph Campbell
- Deepek Chopra
- Ashtanga Yoga Research Institute
- Self Realization Fellowship
- J. Krishnamurti
- What the Bleep do we Know
- The Secret
- Conversations with God the Movie
- Way of the Peaceful Warrior
- Agape Live with Michael Beckwith from the Secret
- World Yoga Practice Month
- The Great Year (DVD)
- Post Modern Times
- The Moses Code
- Into the Wild
No comments:
Post a Comment