You haven't missed much in blogging from me: Here's a recent entry on WoYoPracMo.
I practiced asana consistently up until day 19 and decided to take a break the last 4 days while on the road. Truth is I forgot my yoga paws at home, therefore, concentrated on spiritual books and contemplation.
Did I share with you the birth of my nephew last week? I often meditated and prayed for him while in the womb. While meditating I could relate to the experience of becoming a baby again. I enjoy the path of Kriya Yoga and appreciate the simplicity of Yogananda's teachings, but if you want to go deeper in your understanding you certainly can through a wealth of information from Guruji's commentaries. Interestingly enough my experience with yoga has resulted in what yoga is intended to accomplish. UNION with Spirit. Guruji often referred to the path as a science. Indeed if anyone puts yoga to the test they will discover the same conclusion. This stuff works.
The magic continues after leaving the mat. Since the 20th people have been giving me money, asking me out to dinner and sharing their deep secrets with me. Again someone approached me at Whole Foods today. He said he was drawn to my smile. He used words like intuition and good aura when addressing why he felt compelled to speak to me. All I can do is giggle. Remember the Barbazon modeling school ads? Well I've developed nicely toned chatarunga arms, but I don't want to just look like a yogi. This day, this week and this year has shown me from the increased magnetism I'm enjoying that I am a Yogi. Living in Union with Spirit I'm become a vehicle of Light. The joy, beauty, or peace one might behold in me is only a reflection of themselves. I have to remember to share this with someone the next time I'm approached with a compliment.
Well, it's funny that I would have this experience. I often feel the judgment and competition during classes. As if people feel sorry for me that my hips are not open. All in due time. Things happen to me when unexpected. Right now I'm still looking for great physical changes. But if magnetism is increased just from my level of capability right now....hmmmmm?
Namaste
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Spiritual Guides
- Holy Moment
- Joseph Campbell
- Deepek Chopra
- Ashtanga Yoga Research Institute
- Self Realization Fellowship
- J. Krishnamurti
- What the Bleep do we Know
- The Secret
- Conversations with God the Movie
- Way of the Peaceful Warrior
- Agape Live with Michael Beckwith from the Secret
- World Yoga Practice Month
- The Great Year (DVD)
- Post Modern Times
- The Moses Code
- Into the Wild
No comments:
Post a Comment