I have a special friend. This evening I shared with my girlfriend how his stories and wisdom seem to be the next paragraph of the page I open. As if my beloved is verifying the answers to my questions. As if he is saying I'm on the right path in my understanding.
A beautiful visitor came to see me last Sunday in San Diego. While talking to -K-, outside on the porch, a hummingbird came within half a foot of me. Before suckling on nearby blossoms we looked at each other, eye to eye in suspended animation. He bowed his head at me with top feathers of crimson and gold. The sunlight gleaming against this majestic creature caused me to gasp in admiration. My beloved is everywhere....creating ever new joy. I marked this event in memory and then forgot. Perhaps I'm understanding the wisdom of non-attachment. Deepek Chopra interpreted Rumi's poems very well to music. "All is done and finished in eternal Heaven, but our life here is eternally fresh. Keep that in mind...and love.
(Gift of Love Vol 1. Nothing last forever read by Lisa Bonet).
30 minutes ago I picked up my Beloved's poems next to my bed. The page randomly opens to the poem "I am Thy tiny hummingbird" by Paramahansa Yogananda. "I am Thy tiny hummingbird, sipping nectar from blossoms in humble wayside plots of human sweetness and in Thy secret gardens of glory."
See the magic of letting go?
Namaste.
Thursday, June 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Spiritual Guides
- Holy Moment
- Joseph Campbell
- Deepek Chopra
- Ashtanga Yoga Research Institute
- Self Realization Fellowship
- J. Krishnamurti
- What the Bleep do we Know
- The Secret
- Conversations with God the Movie
- Way of the Peaceful Warrior
- Agape Live with Michael Beckwith from the Secret
- World Yoga Practice Month
- The Great Year (DVD)
- Post Modern Times
- The Moses Code
- Into the Wild
No comments:
Post a Comment