Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Eve's Apple

A thought consumed me today. He consumed me today. I met a sensitive spirit weeks ago. Meeting him a few times offered a softening to myself. A forgiveness of my fallen hero heart.
"We drift deeper in the sound and life goes on. Embrace me, surround me as the rush comes."
(Gabriel and Dresden chillout mix by Motorcycle)

Going through boxes of past treasures from my mother's garage I found something dear to her heart. Perhaps the only picture of her grandpa. Tucked in a letter from my grandmother, the envelop dated early 1992. My great-great papa John. Interestingly his death certificate declared his nationality as white.

Waking up groggy from overeating mother's veggies last night. Social eating again, my comfort of love. It was nice to hear G's voice on the phone early this morning. "Wake up, wake up"
If you knew G, you would know how funny those words are coming from him. Experienced in heighten states of consciousness, I'll moan, how appropriate. The Lord is funny, playing funny games.

I accept the gift of this day.

-Nicol-

No comments: