Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Momentum

Despite having lack of energy I was able to get 45 minutes of Ashtanga practice in this morning. A last minute decision to leave San Diego caused me to rush all day until now. 1 hr flight back to Vegas and quick dinner at Go Raw Cafe. I had the veggie coti dish and 2 brownies for dessert. Grabbed snacks for my food bag. Picked up more groceries for salads and made brazil nut mylk for my breakfast each morning on this trip. I'm scheduled to layover on the east coast. Glad I have warm clothes from living in Ohio these past years.

I really wanted to share chakras with you, but so tired. When the time is right it will happen. I'm still 100% raw and noticing subtle changes in my yoga practice. My shoulders, hips, chest, hamstrings and back are opening up from being on a clean diet. I believe I killed the flu bug fast on the day I decided to not eat sugar, but consume green drinks. Perhaps this cough was persistent because I kept eating too many nuts and seeds this week. These foods can easily offset my balance and creates an excess of mucus. Many live-foodist start out over consuming nuts and seeds as a replacement for the comfort foods of our old diet. It takes a little time of trail and success, as Avocado Wolfe would say, to find the right ratio of fats, sugar and protein. The reason I was determined to get in a few good sessions of yoga was for the Ujjayi breath (fire breath). A combination of the breath and movement effectively broke up stagnant mucus in my chest and purified my body for deeper healing.
Now drinking Breathe Deep Yogi tea. Watching the Namesake and going to bed.

Sweet Dreams!

3 comments:

chasing rainbows said...

Nicol - I really admire your commitment to go raw. It's hard enough just to be a vegetarian (mostly vegan). You are an inspiration to me because the few times that I've met you, your energy is just so calm, yet so powerful. I really appreciate it. And the dogs liked you too - very telling. How was the Namesake?

Nicky said...

Watching the Namesake was like peeking into Indian culture with half closed eyes. I think they missed the mark with this story. The acting wasn't convincing and I really didn't feel much for the characters and their situation. They briefly captured the busyness of Calcutta and the magic of Agra. I heard the book was good, but the movie may have spoiled it for me.

Nicky said...

Thanks Chasing Rainbows for visiting my blog and for your encouraging support. I'm really enjoying the raw diet. It's like a 24 hr meditation. It will probably be the deepest unraveling towards my true Self than any technique available to man throughout history.