Tears formed at the end of the Easter service today. All these years my Easter celebration has been more internal and personal, but today I did something different.
My girlfriend M- is leaving for Thailand for two years. She got a position as lead chef for live-food cuisine. She was living in New York and I got to visit last December when it was miserably cold. Equally her mood was effected from city life and the dreary weather. The city had many advantages for her, but I could feel the tug for change pulling at her desire for a better climate and atmosphere. We talked about some very deep and personal things during my visit. All the time a prayer and moments of my meditation were sent out to her. I shared my Guru's story and bought her a copy of "Autobiography of a Yogi". We found the book next door to our favorite jewelry store, Satya Jewelry. Showing my gratitude for giving me a place to stay during my visit I shared the closest person in my heart. Returning to her apartment she played a lecture with Michael Bernard Beckwith from Agape Spiritual Center. I recognized him from the DVD, "The Secret", and knew him to be a powerful speaker, but was completely sidetracked by how closely his message resonated with the teachings of my Guru. I thought at the time that she also had found her teacher.
Ultimately the spiritual path is so much easier when you find your teacher. You began to see their is no conflict in teaching Truth. The many voices calling out into the wilderness start to blend in perfect harmonic. This is how perfect....
I'm standing outside of Gibson Theatre among thousands attending the Agape service. While filling out my checks for donation a young man approached me. Instantly I recognized him. We met in Las Vegas on March 7th for Paramahansa Yogananda's Mahasamadhi celebration. Although I live in Vegas and he lives in Encinitas (San Diego), we both ended up for a celebration of our great Guru, Jesus The Christ, in the same place. The day continued to unfold.
I was visiting Los Angeles mainly to see M- before she left for Thailand and she happened to see an advertisement for Michael Beckwith's service. I knew she would find her teacher when she was ready. Spending time with her today made me realize I was witnessing her experience in doing so. Beckwith's message resonates on the same understanding all great Masters express. This is from today's service.
"Jesus in his Christed state of consciousness was not ready-made. He worked for it through his disciplined spiritual practices of meditation, prayer, taking retreats and then putting into practice what was revealed to him. He was Jesus the man who became Jesus the Christ. That Christ-energy remains fully present in our world today and it is our divine charge to become conscious vehicles so that it may manifest in, through and as us. As the Master Teacher himself said, "Ye are the light."
The divine light revealing itself in the heart of Easter is an expression and celebration of the One Light that lights up the world. May every aspect of your being be illumined by this light and may this season of your life be the one in which you consciously live, move, and have your being in your own Christ-like nature." Dr. Michael Bernard Beckwith, Christ Consciousness Magazine.
Similarly Paramahansa Yogananda's "The Second Coming of Christ" is a revelatory commentary on the original teachings of Christ. These great teachings all pointing to the resurrection of Christ Consciousness within You.
Today's service was true bhakti in all aspects. The meditation, dancing, music and chanting bought about joy in our being, joy in our fellow being and light into the world. I'm about to mess up a poem, but I've heard it differently several times and it is my favorite.
God sleeps in the minerals
dreams in the flowers and trees
is awake in the animal
and in man, knows he is God.
Today I lived in this consciousness of being the "Light" and others were also wrapped up in the magic. My friend from Toronto was in town 1 hr north and drove down. Plus two other friends I met through M- and the (Raw Spirit Festival) hung out. We ate a late lunch and dinner at Rawvolution. Ecstatic about the explosion of taste from our food elevating on a sattvic level. How simple and beautiful was today. Proving my theory and motto that life should flow.
Happy Easter!
Namaste!
Sunday, March 23, 2008
Like Him, the Resurrection Within
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Spiritual Guides
- Holy Moment
- Joseph Campbell
- Deepek Chopra
- Ashtanga Yoga Research Institute
- Self Realization Fellowship
- J. Krishnamurti
- What the Bleep do we Know
- The Secret
- Conversations with God the Movie
- Way of the Peaceful Warrior
- Agape Live with Michael Beckwith from the Secret
- World Yoga Practice Month
- The Great Year (DVD)
- Post Modern Times
- The Moses Code
- Into the Wild
No comments:
Post a Comment